Sensis changes name to Thryv and brings enterprise software to Australian SMEs

0

Six months after being acquired by US software publisher Thryv, Australian company Sensis changed its name and launched a new local edition of the business management product line in the Australian market.

Sensis was acquired by Nasdaq-listed Thryv for $ 260 million in March. The deal came seven years after Telstra sold a 70 percent stake in the company Sensis to U.S. private equity firm Platinum Equity, for $ 425 million, and saw the remaining 30 percent of the stake still owned by Telstra also taken over by Thryv.

The rebranding between 141 years in the history of the Sensis company and 19 years in the last incarnation under the nickname Sensis. Parts of Sensis date back to 1880, when Australia’s first telephone exchange and directory was launched under the White Pages name. In 1975, the Yellow Pages made their debut. Both directories went live in 1994, which was considered a world first. The company was renamed Pacific Access in Sensis in 2002.

Thryv Australia CEO John Allan said the shift from Sensis’ corporate identity to that of its parent company was a natural step and reflected an intention to grow the software division alongside the core business of marketing services. In addition to supporting more than 100,000 commercial and government customers through its Yellow and White Pages brands, the company is investing significant sums in launching and scaling its Thryv SaaS platform.

Thryv’s business management offering can be used to manage appointments, create and manage customer lists, send emails and texts to customers, send reminders and notifications, provide quotes and invoices, accept contactless payments, and generate online reviews and reviews. The company also has yellow pages in the United States.

“Since March, our teams in Australia and the United States have worked tirelessly to bring the Thryv software solution to market,” said Allan. Allan has been with Sensis since August 2012.

“What makes Thryv unique is not just its cutting edge digital product, but its unwavering commitment to helping businesses use digital software to improve service to their customers. It is this philosophy that we want to reflect in our new brand, Thryv.

Thryv vice president of product and marketing Ryan Cantor said the products were designed for Australian companies to integrate into platforms such as MYOB and Xero.

“We are delighted to welcome small Australian businesses to the Thryv platform,” he said. “With Thryv, small businesses can centralize their day-to-day activities through a sleek, easy-to-use dashboard.

“Thryv helps these companies modernize their workflows, such as payments, Google My Business, appointment booking, communication, marketing, etc., while ensuring that they put their customers at the center. of everything they do.

Don’t miss the wealth of information and content provided by CMO A / NZ and sign up for our weekly CMO Digest newsletters and information services here.

You can also follow CMO on Twitter: @CMAOAustralia, participate in the CMO conversation on LinkedIn: CMO ANZ, follow our regular updates via CMO Australia’s Linkedin business page



Source link

Share.

Comments are closed.