Creating a great business website that is easily found by potential customers can often be a daunting task. But it’s necessary to build trust, engage customers, demonstrate your service, or showcase your product and sell your property.
Take lessons from Louis Brightman’s Come on daddy Website masterclass, Small Business explains how to build a quality business website and make sure it is found.
1. Choose the right website for your business
There are many types of businesses; some will just need business cards and others will need full e-commerce functionality.
But, whatever type of website you need, the same building blocks are needed to build a website:
1. The domain name – it’s similar to your house number.
2. Accommodation – a website is built with images and text, and the hosting is bricks and mortar and the electricity of your house – it keeps the website alive.
3. Content – what kind of website does your business need and what kind of content is hosted on your website? Whether it’s a brochure type, hospitality industry, small-scale e-commerce site, or large-scale e-commerce website, everything can be hosted on GoDaddy.
Questions to ask and thoughts:
Are you looking for something custom made or a pre-built website?
Do you want something that you can call your business card?
Do you sell services or products?
GoDaddy’s plan still comes in 3; standard, premium (to take service reservations) and e-commerce for full store functionality.
Should I go straight to e-commerce if I plan to sell in the future?
2. Create great website content and good pages
1. Home page – keep the homepage visually impactful, short, to the point and think about what you want your customers to see and do after they find you.
Website homepages also need a strong call to action. The call to action gives customers the opportunity to turn the page on your website and find out more.
Questions to ask:
What’s the most important thing you want your visitors to do before leaving your home page?
It’s more complex than buying something; sign up for the newsletter, make an appointment or watch a video, for example.
2. About us – Have your say. The About Us page is where you can write about your motivations and vision for your business. How did you get into the business and why? What sets you apart?
This is your chance to tell your customers why they should trust you with their custom. And it’s an opportunity to introduce your team, engage customers, and inspire their confidence.
3. Our service – Describe the services in their entirety and clearly explain what you are offering: price lists, shipping costs, return policies, warranties and FAQs should be displayed here.
4. Blog functionality – this is the most underrated way to get people to find your website and impress customers. In the Blog section, you can post news articles about your business, upcoming events, and it’s also a way to tell stories and interact with customers.
After a year of work, you will be doing your SEO a lot of service and new customers will be able to come back to previous posts, which will boost the credibility of your business.
Additionally, anyone who links to your website because of the content you create will produce a backlink. The more backlinks you have, the more credibility Google will give you and the more organic traffic you will have, which will increase engagement and boost SEO.
In addition, the video content is extremely important.
3. Get found online
One of the biggest challenges is improving your SEO or search engine optimization.
If you are trying to attract customers through the door of a business (a bar or cafe, for example), or if you are running a business that serves a specific area (like a plumber), then you need to think about SEO. .
There are a number of factors that impact being found online, but Google rank is the most important factor. It can be boosted by:
1. Social media activity – regular publication, sharing and contact with people to stimulate engagement.
2. Everything in accordance with the website – ensure optimization through technology. GoDaddy’s SEO tool can easily connect all social channels.
3. Connect with GoDaddy Partners – Over lets you post image templates for social media posts, which will look more professional.
4. Be recognized – configure the Google Business profile.
5. Digital marketing – spend money on advertising (Facebook, Instagram, Google –– pay per click).
How GoDaddy Can Help
4. Get to know GoDaddy + marketing websites
GoDaddy’s W + M hosts, secures and builds your all-in-one website.
Over the past 12 months, GoDaddy has made huge strides in the marketing element with an intuitive dashboard that connects to Google and improves Google rankings, and a professional post-creator for social media.
The building aspect of the website is easy; It can take less than an hour to get your website live and make sure it looks professional by using GoDaddy’s themes, fonts and templates to structure your own branded website.
The websites are also automatically optimized for mobile and the social media accounts are all manageable from one place.
The website has a data collector, letting users know how many views your site has had, who found you via social media, and information on how to take action on that information. For example, in a scenario where 15 people entered your website last week and added items to their cart, but for some reason did not complete the purchase, the data collector will recommend sending a tailor-made email to these people in order to engage them.
5. Sell products online
In the past, if you wanted to sell products online, you had to spend a lot of money on a bespoke e-commerce website, which would likely cost thousands of dollars.
With GoDaddy’s Online Store, you can build a full-fledged ecommerce site as easily as any other website builder.
You can include up to 5,000 products, so it’s perfect for anything but the biggest ecommerce sites.
6. WordPress and websites + marketing
Using GoDaddy’s website builder is not the only option, GoDaddy is a WordPress partner – 40% of websites are built with this plan: WordPress and websites + marketing.
WordPress works like your iPhone – it can be personalized using many different things depending on the apps downloaded. This is how WordPress works. Web Builder is all in one, but GoDaddy, in partnership with WordPress, can build websites from scratch for a more unique feel.